- LED as light source saving power consumption and maintenance, 95% less power than equivalent incandescent light
- Power supply available in AC(110-240VAC), DC48V
- Unique designed poly-carbonate lens for converging light and also provides corrosion resistance and UV protection.
- UV protection Powder coated bright yellow color base make better visibility
- Base material is die casting aluminum which has strong corrosion resistance, Shock and Vibrations protection
- Fragile coupling reduce the secondary damage to helicopters effectively
- Colors = Green, White, Blue, Red or Amber or Bi-Colors Green/Green, Green/Red or White/Amber
- Infrared LED for pilot using NVG(Night Vision Goggles)
- Controller for power supplying and turn ON/OFF light
- VHF pilot to ground remote control
- Marine treated
- Helipad/Heliport TLOF areas (TLOF perimeter lights shall be placed along the edge of the area designated for use as the TLOF or within a distance of 1.5m from the edge.) (https://mimiccomponents.co.za/shop/audible-visual/warning-lights/aviation/al-hp-i-inset-to…wn-landing-light)
- Heliport FATO areas (FATO lights shall be placed along the edges of the perimeter)
- Helipad Runway
- Helipad taxiway
- Runway Edge
- Runway End
- Runway Threshold
- ICAO Annex 14 Volume ǁ Heliports 5.3. (https://www.icao.int)
- FAA AC 150/5390-2B Heliport Design Guide (https://www.faa.gov)
For more details on regulations - http://www.caa.co.za
Summary of regulations on FATOs.
9.3 Final Approach and Lift-off area (FATO) perimeter lights
9.3.1 Where a FATO is established at a heliport intended for use at night, FATO lights shall be provided except that they may be omitted where the FATO and the TLOF are nearly coincidental or the extent of the FATO is self-evident.
9.3.2 Location. FATO lights shall be placed along the edges of the FATO. The lights shall be uniformly spaced as follows:
(a) for an area in the form of a square or rectangle, at intervals of not more than 50m with a minimum of four lights on each side including a light at each corner; and
(b) for any other shaped area, including a circular area, at intervals of not more than 5m with a minimum of ten lights.
9.3.3 Characteristics. FATO lights shall be fixed omnidirectional lights showing white. Where the intensity of the lights is to be varied the lights shall show variable white.
9.3.4 The light distribution of FATO lights shall be as shown in Figure 9-2.
9.3.5 The lights shall not exceed a height of 25 cm and should be insert when a light extending above the surface would endanger helicopter operations.