Applied in M2M (machine-to-machine) communication, Air-gate-GPRS enables a Modbus RTU network to be monitored by more than one master. A remote master communicates using Modbus TCP through the Internet, reaching Air-gate-GPRS through its GPRS connection to the cloud.
A second master can be locally connected to a SCADA system using the USB port. One of its RS485 ports can be configured as a slave and connected to a third master, like an HMI, or like a master to start a new Modbus network segment with additional slaves. The other RS485 port will always connect to the main RS485 network segment, containing only slaves. Routing and multiplexing Modbus packets through its four communication interfaces adds innovative functionalities with minimum performance loss.
- Connects to a cloud based gateway through its GSM/GPRS interface, enabling remote access to Modbus slaves connected to local interfaces
- Fully compatible with NOVUS M2M Gateway for monitoring and storage.
- USB port allows PC connection as a virtual COM port.
- Isolated USB interface: 2 kV
- Two configurable RS485 interfaces (baud rate, parity and stop bits)
- One RS485 is always a Modbus master and the other can be set as master or slave
- RS485 baud rate from 1200 to 115200 bps
- Worldwide GSM compatibility: quadri band
- Authentication to the remote gateway to increase security
- Sends SMS as alarm or event notification
- Free configuration software
- Two inputs, configurable as analog (4-20 mA or 0-10 V) or digital
- Includes an antenna with magnetic base and 3m cable
- ABS enclosure for DIN rail mounting
- Enclosure protection index: IP40
- Certification: CE, ANATEL
- Power supply: 10 to 35 Vdc
- Cable less antenna (optional)